EuroCloure is thrilled to provide Opportunity Grants to support community members from underrepresented groups who would not otherwise be able to attend the conference for financial reasons. The purpose of these grants is to remove obstacles to attendance while increasing the diversity of the Clojure community.
We want you to apply!
- Already attended a conference in the past? That's ok.
- Already received a grant in the past? Still ok.
- Don't have much (or any) Clojure experience? That's ok, we can help!
- Don't know anyone going? We have a guide program and organized meetups!
- Don't want to take money away from someone else? Really, it's ok, everyone says that!
- Don't feel like you deserve this? That's also ok: you do.
Eligibility: Applicants should be a member of an underrepresented group in tech - women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, or other underrepresented groups not listed, and be unable to attend the conference without some financial assistance. Awardees should plan to attend the full conference (Oct 25-26, 2016 in Bratislava, Slovakia).
Selection: Applications will be reviewed by a diverse selection committee. By completing the application, you indicate that you meet the eligibility requirements.
Due to limited funds, the selection committee will use the information provided (properly anonymized) to prioritize applicant grants based on these criteria:
- Prior interest or investment in Clojure
- Involvement in a programming-oriented community (not necessarily Clojure)
- Likelihood of future community involvement
- Early submission - we award grants on a rolling basis and early submission is recommended
- European over international - to maximize the benefit of funds for travel, we primarily award grants to applicants from Europe
The best way to help the selection committee is by providing detailed information in the application.
Award: Grant recipients will receive a conference registration ticket and may request support for travel and hotel. EuroClojure registration includes lunch, snacks, and evening events. Additionally, there will be a separate program to request a conference guide who has previously attended EuroClojure and can answer questions or give recommendations.
Applications Open: Thursday, June 30
Applications Close: Friday, July 29
Applicant Notification: Monday, August 1
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and staff at EuroClojure are required to agree with the Code of Conduct of the event. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
Diversity Sponsorship Levels
We need your help! If you are interested in supporting the grant program as an individual, you may do so via the conference registration page, even if you are not attending EuroClojure. If you are interested in supporting the program as a company or non-registered individual, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For EuroClojure we would like to support 25 community members and will need at least 20,000 € to reach our goal. Every contribution helps to make a difference in our community! Here’s how your company can help:
|4,000 €||2,000 €||1,000 €|
Thank you tweet from @euroclojure
Logo & Link on Opportunity Grant Web Page
Top placement on Opportunity Grant web page